2010 Jaguar XF 5.0 Service Reset
Service Interval Indicator Reset Procedure
First, let me say it took me several attempts to do this. I guess I was not fast enough. When they say 3 seconds they mean it.
To re-set the service interval indicator, the following process must be carried out within 3 seconds:
· With the vehicle in power mode 0, (ignition off) press and hold the rear fog lamp switch
· Allow the vehicle to enter power mode 6 (Press the start button without a foot on the brake)
· Immediately release the rear fog lamp switch
· Press and hold the trip computer cycle switch
· Press and hold the rear fog lamp switch
· Continue to hold the trip computer and rear fog lamp switches
· If the process has been successful, the message center will display 'RESETTING SERVICE MODE' and then display 'SERVICE MODE RESET' after 10 seconds
· Release both switches and return the vehicle ignition to off, power mode 0.
1. Fog lamp button
2. Power mode
3. Immediately release fog lamp button
4. Press and hold trip computer button
5. Press and hold rear fog lamp button
If successful the message resetting service mode will come up in the message center.